Graceful and deadly, at home in the depths of darkness.
- Average Height: 5´ 4˝–6´ 0˝
- Average Weight: 130–170 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 squares
- Vision: Darkvision
- Languages: Common, Elven
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Intimidate, +2 Stealth
- Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
- Trance: Rather than sleep, drow enter a meditative state known as trance. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
- Lolthtouched: Once per encounter, you can use either the cloud of darkness power or the darkfire power.
Drow Racial PowersEdit
|Cloud of Darkness||Drow Racial Power|
|A shroud of blackness descends around you, hiding you from sight.|
|Minor Action||Close burst 1|
|Effect: The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You are immune to these effects.|
|Darkfire||Drow Racial Power|
|A flickering halo of purple light surrounds the target, making it easier to hit.|
|Minor Action||Ranged 10|
|Target: One creature|
|Attack: Intelligence +4 vs. Reflex, Wisdom +4 vs. Reflex, or Charisma +4 vs. Reflex. Increase to +6 bonus at 11th level and +8 bonus at 21st level.|
|Hit: Until the end of your next turn, all attacks against the target have combat advantage, and the target cannot benefit from invisibility or concealment.|
|Special: When you create your character, choose Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as the ability score you use when making attack rolls with this power. This choice remains throughout your character’s life and does not change the power’s other effects.|
Drow are a decadent race of dark elves whose beauty and sophistication fail to mask hearts all too often stained in evil. The vast majority of dark elves base their behavior and attitudes on the worship of the chaotic evil goddess Lolth, also known as the Spider Queen.
Drow society is organized into houses. The heads of the most powerful houses occupy leadership positions in the various cities of the Underdark, the subterranean realm beneath Faerûn that the dark elves call home.
Play a drow if you want . . .
- to be good at skulking, striking quickly, and employing a variety of dirty tactics.
- to play a hero in search of redemption, or one who struggles to rise above the wickedness of his or her people.
- to be a member of a race that favors the ranger, rogue, and warlock classes.