Masters of stone and iron, dauntless and unyielding in the face of adversity
- Average Height: 4´ 3˝–4´ 9˝
- Average Weight: 160–220 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 5 squares
- Vision: Low-light
- Languages: Common, Dwarven
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance
- Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 racial bonus to saving throws against poison.
- Dwarven Resilience: You can use your second wind as a minor action instead of a standard action.
- Dwarven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the throwing hammer and the warhammer.
- Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would normally be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magical effects) affect you normally.
- Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move—through a pull, a push, or a slide—you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to.
- In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can immediately make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Carved from the bedrock of the universe, dwarves endured an age of servitude to giants before winning their freedom. Their mighty mountain fortress-cities testify to the power of their ancient empires. Even those who live in human cities are counted among the staunchest defenders against the darkness that threatens to engulf the world.
Play a dwarf if you want . . .
- to be tough, gruff, and strong as bedrock.
- to bring glory to your ancestors or serve as your god’s right hand.
- to be able to take as much punishment as you dish out.
- to be a member of a race that favors the paladin, cleric, and fighter classes.